Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have questions pertaining to learning scuba diving? Check out this section below:
1. Do I need to be a proficient swimmer in order to take the basic open water diver course?
Ans: You do not need to be an expert swimmer, however, you should be comfortable in the water and possess some basic swimming skills is essential. You need adequate swimming skills and should be able to at least swim 200m continuously and also able to thread water for 10mins unassisted .
2. Can I dive if I wear prescription glasses?
Ans: Yes, you may still scuba dive, however, you will be required to either wear contact lenses or obtain a dive mask with prescription lenses.
3. Do I need to be physically fit to scuba dive?
Ans: You need to be of reasonable health, but certain physical impairments do not prevent you from passing a diving certification. Upon registration, a brief medical questionnaire will help you assess if you can dive.
4. Do I have to purchase any equipment or scuba diving gear for my open water diver certification course?
Ans: No, dive equipment rental is provided as part of the open water course and included in the course price. For hygiene reasons, you may choose to procure certain equipment / gear such as mask, snorkel, booties, fins.
5. Must I be able to swim in order to learn scuba diving?
Ans: You need adequate swimming skills and should be able to at least swim 200m continuously and also able to thread water for 10mins unassisted.
6. Can i learn scuba diving if i have a history of asthma?
Ans: It is advisable that you seek the professional doctors' advise for medical clearance prior to signing up for any scuba diving course.
7. What is the minimum age to learn Scuba Diving?
Ans: According to PADI's requirement, the minimum age requirement to embark on the Bubble Maker program is eight (8) years old.
8. Is it possible for me to embark on boat dive if i have motion sickness?
Ans: While there are medication available to combat motion sickness, it is advisable to still seek medical advice from your doctor.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a message to find out more about our Diving Courses & Dive Travel Packages.
Have any questions that you would like find out regarding our Scuba Diving Courses? Fill up the Contact Form to leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.